Office of Services for Individuals with Disabilities
The Office of Services for Individuals with Disabilities (OSID) is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and determining eligibility for any requested services and accommodations from students, faculty, or staff. We also provide confidential referrals for assessment (for undiagnosed disabilities) and other disability related information.
We assist the University's legal and educational obligation to provide equal access to University resources, coursework, programs and activities by serving qualified individuals, and advocating for equal access for all individuals who qualify. More information on compliance.
The University ADA/Section 504 Compliance Officer is, the Director of OSID, Teresa Belluscio, SSB 315, email@example.com. The University ADA/Section 504 Compliance Officer is the 34 CFR § 104.7(a) designee that coordinates the University’s overall efforts to comply with the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
The ADA/Section 504 Coordinator is Associate Dean, Dr. Kim Naugle, Combs 420, firstname.lastname@example.org, 622-1175. The ADA/Section 504 Coordinator reviews concerns and appeals of eligibility determinations and Reasonable Accommodation determinations for employees, students or guests in accordance with Regulation 1.4.4, "Establishing Reasonable Accommodations Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)/Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act."
It is the mission of the Office of Services for Individuals with Disabilities to ensure that all students, faculty and staff with disabilities at Eastern Kentucky University are provided equal access to the campus at large; including work and educational environments, the physical campus, and access to university related programs and activities.
To fulfill our mission, the Disabilities Office will:
- Assist in the transitioning needs of students with disabilities
- Facilitate and coordinate support services for qualified individuals with disabilities
- Promote access and awareness as a resource to all members of the university community
- Adhere to disability law set forth in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Embrace the spirit of the law by advocating for an outstanding educational experience for each student while preserving the independence and confidentiality of each individual with a disability
- Facilitate the appeals process for students, faculty and staff as related to disability issues
- Promote self-awareness, self determination and self advocacy within individuals with disabilities
We want to work with you to help foster the growth and development of the unique skills and talents you bring to our campus.
The main office (OSID) is located on the third floor of the Student Services Building room 361.
To make an appointment call (859) 622-2933
Go to the OSID Staff page for email addresses and photos.
Interpreting Staff are located on the second floor of Case Annex.
Staff Interpreters, Room 204 and 205. Call (859)622-2934 or (859)622-2935
Interpreter Coordinator, Room 207, (859) 622-2937, Videophone: (859) 353-0079.
Sorenson Video Relay Service (SVRS) is a free service provided on the Richmond campus of EKU that enables deaf and hard-of-hearing callers to conduct video relay calls through a qualified ASL interpreter.
- Sorenson Videophone locations:
- Case Hall Lobby
- Library Circulation Desk
- Mattox 1st floor, please stop at the front desk before proceeding to VP room
- Perkins 1st floor Lobby
- Powell Building in Tech Commons (ground floor of Powell across from the food court)
- Student Services Building Study room/snack area outside Computer Store